The Health Assessment Advisory Service run by CHDA (Centre of Health and Disability Services operated by MAXIMUS) arranges and carries out assessments for DWP. The purpose of the assessment is to understand how an illness or disability affects a person’s daily life. After the assessment, DWP makes the decision as to whether the individual will receive any benefits.
Area Manager is a Manager role within Operations, reporting to the Regional Operations Director. The Area Manager is responsible for multiple Assessment Centres, providing leadership and direction on the delivery of high quality face-to-face and paper-based assessments. The role is accountable for the overall delivery of volume, quality and service level performance targets within the area. The Area Manager plays a key role in facilitating resource sharing within the area in order to meet changes in location of demand, and in performance management of staff.
• Provide leadership and direction to the assessment centres in the area to enable the effective delivery of face-to-face and paper-based assessments
• Accountable for the overall delivery of volume, quality and service level performance of an area
• Effectively report on regional performance to Regional Operations Director, including weekly results, explanation of deviation from targets, and plans for corrective actions; initiate corrective actions as agreed with Regional Operations Director
• Input into quarterly and monthly regional operations plans to support delivery of targets
• Maintain strong communication links with ASC Manager responsible for the administrative support of the area to ensure delivery of business goals
• Support AC Managers by addressing issues, resolving roadblocks and escalating issues as required
• Investigate and resolve escalated complaints
• Ensure area staff comply with continuous professional development requirements
• Facilitate allocation of admin and HCP resources within the area to respond to changes in location of demand and to manage absences
• Organise and lead area team meetings
• Lead and manage team performance and development through effective performance management processes and absence management.
• Motivate, inspire and coach team members through continuous professional development and recognise exceptional performance.
• Identify and develop team members with potential in support of effective succession planning.
• Other ad hoc duties as required
'• Experience managing and developing high performance teams
• Experience in a management role required; experience in a multi-site management role preferred
• Experience delivering performance targets
• Clinical experience helpful but not required
• Experience fostering a culture of customer and client focus
• Able to deliver high quality work and sets quality expectations for area team to deliver Contract requirements and drive business improvement
• Able to work at pace to deliver results and to set volume/output expectations for area team
• Experience building strong working relationships internally and with external partners
• Able to communicate with clarity and conviction. Persuasive and able to influence across a broad range of audiences. Uses a variety of communication media appropriate to the context
• Sets direction for area team, builds commitment, makes good decisions, inspires others
• Able to plan, co-ordinate and monitor the delivery of services and the Contract
• Able to plan, implement, monitor and review financial and workforce resources
• Able to drive continuous improvement