The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments conducts health and disability assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions. Working from a network of 11 Business Support Centres and 150 Assessment Centres, assessments are conducted in the main areas of Employment and Support Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Veterans UK and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit. Our practitioner group includes employed nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and doctors.
The Rota Specialist’s role is to ensure the efficient and effective planning of available Healthcare Professional resource across the Business Service Centre and local Assessment Centres to meet contractual service levels.
• Plan and produce robust resource schedule for all Healthcare Professionals within the Business Service Centre and local Assessment Centres to ensure delivery of targets for all areas of work.
• Maximise utilisation of estate to meet demand and achieve targets.
• Deliver both short and long term plans, working closely with Regional Planning Manager, Resource Manager and Assessment Centre Managers to build accurate forecasting models.
• Ensure the plan is produced on a 12 week, 4 week and thereafter weekly session.
• Responsible for Healthcare Professional electronic diary system to minimise impact on service and forecast.
• Analyse available head of work to allocate Healthcare Professional resource to meet demand and achieve target and identify future skill gaps for escalation to management team.
• Analyse planned resource versus forecast to identify areas for improvement.
• Collate information required for weekly local planning meeting with management team.
• Handling requests by telephone, email or face to face from various sources such as Healthcare Professionals, Management and National teams.
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
• Excellent excel and MS Outlook skills.
• Ability to deliver high quality work with attention to detail.
• Keen organisational skills, especially in relation to electronic record keeping.
• Ability to deliver work to tight deadlines, prioritise tasks and flexibility during peaks in demand, in order to meet deadlines.
• Able to work well independently as well as part of a team, building positive
working relationships with both medical and administrative colleagues.
• Excellent analytical skills, identifying trends and problem solving using a variety of sources.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong interpersonally, able to persuade and negotiate to meet business goals.